The holidays – a busy time of the year for many, and a time to wrap it up for some. Either way it can be very stressful. Do the best you can, don’t take things personally as you go about doing your business and all the tasks that you need to do this time of year. When it seems like it’s getting to be too much, take three deep breaths and bask for a few moments to be grateful for all that you have: from the air that you breathe, to what nourishes you, your relationships, your business and all your successes and challenges. To keep the stress, down do this each morning. The benefits to you are many.
As you go about this celebration season, don’t forget to take the time to celebrate. Entrepreneurs often forget to take the time to do this and, believe me, it pays big dividends. SOOO CELEBRATE!!!!! Here are a few ways to beat stress:
- Identify what is causing your stress. You may find a pattern emerging that may be linked to time pressure, personality clashes, inappropriate demands or simply trying to do too many things at once. When you have identified your pressure points, you can move on to the following solutions.
- Talk it through with a good friend or a partner. Ask for impartial advice as to how to ease the problem.
- Relax. Practice deep-breathing techniques, such as; slowly inhaling through your nose for a count of five. Then slowly breathe out your mouth. Repeat ten times. When feeling stressed, concentrate on nothing but your breathing.
- Stretch the muscles of your neck and shoulders by keeping your shoulders level and trying to touch each shoulder with your ear. Look right up at the ceiling, down at the floor then rotate each shoulder in a wide circle. Repeat five times. Open and close your jaw widely after each time since stress often causes tenseness in the jaw area.
- Take time out. Try to shut down and think of nothing but your perfect situation. This could be your dream holiday, your favorite place where you feel peaceful or simply think about doing nothing at all. You will be surprised at how effectively this can lower stress levels.
Have a happy, fun-filled holiday!